Tuesday, July 22, 2014

everything is a diary

A page out of my journal that I particularly like because the moment I describe is so simple, but sweet, like the song "Someday" by The Growlers


OH gossip, you troll. It's a trap that we all fall into at one point or another and sometimes it can be fun but it's SO wrong. Like, SO WRONG *hides behind bushes* Lately a lot of that has been happening with my friends, and I always kinda, well, really feel bad after it happens:/ It just leaves me feeling icky. It's been bothering me a lot lately so I drew about it lol


A sorta collage with pictures and random ceremony programs that give off this small vibe of my first 2 years of high school--that remind me of some kind of formal, growing up period


When in times of stress, worry, or doubt, call out to the universe


"Cold Sheets" inspired Mood Board




"...Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self-portrait. Everything is a diary."- Chuck Palahniuk

I really like this quote, especially now with trying to get back that inspired feeling. It's reassurance that I don't have to constantly snap photos or write things that happen down or fiercely try to remember everything. Though those things can be/are great, this quote got me thinking that maybe sometimes you don't have to do anything but just be in order to document the moments that comprise your life.


A cut out of the great Naomi Campbell that I stuck on this flower thing in my room. It's purpose?  To serve as a daily reminder to not give a shit about naysayers


Whadduppp$$ It's been a good little while since I last posted, which I can attribute to many things, but at the core of it, I didn't really feel like it. Not for one reason or another, I just haven't been feeling all too inspired lately, ya know? And it's weird because my life hasn't been lacking in it--everyday new bands are being discovered, photographs are being ogled at, outfits are being rocked, stories are being heard, memories are being made, cute boys are being seen...that's all the inspo you'd think you'd need. I think maybe it's just my body's way of telling me to slow down and pace myself after a whirlwind of wanting to dive into everything and rattle off about all the things I love. And that's alright with me :) 

So I've been slowly getting myself back into the groove of things through creation. Inspired by Rookie, I've been keeping a journal since the beginning of Spring and have been using it to just document certain things in my life through jumbled words, photos, and doodles. I'm so glad I decided to get one too because this life and its memories are never things I want to forget. A journal is  like a time machine in pages.

Also I made a mood board* which I'm pretty proud of because I think it looks cute and I was literally able to describe an exact mood through photos and words. Like you know how sometimes you can never find the exact words to describe what you're feeling? Imagine the relief in finally finding those words and that's how it felt making it. I highly recommend it! Especially with music. I think most mood boards are made based off a certain mood (duh), vision, or idea, but since I love music so much and consider it a very important part of my style (clothes wise and otherwise) I decided to base my mood boards off of a favorite song. So for the one I made, I based it off "Cold Sheets" by Toro y Moi <3

I'm excited to get back into the groove of things, and I have a lot of ideas for this blog lined up, but for now I'm going to leave you guys with some photographs from my "House" series that didn't get posted in Stuck in the Suburbs, and while you're looking at them press play on a few of these tracks by TELE/VISIONS


He is the be$t. This is not a proper review or anything but please, if you know what's good for you, do yourself a FAVOR and press play. He makes the kind of songs that you'd play in the background if you were going on a lazy cruise with your friends or running down the street from the cops.






I'm pretty sure this song is about a breakup, but somehow it sounds like falling in love. Like some kind of sweet, high school love and just being silly together



Every time I leave my house to go skate, I look back at this patch of grass. It always sticks out due to its vibrancy
<3 of my life
African tribal inspired mask I made in Art 
"Pattern Blend"
A randomly gifted necklace my lively, slightly drunk granddad gave me
"Warm light"
View of the moon from inside my window
xx Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially your journal pages, they're so sick!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete