Monday, October 27, 2014

herbie girl


Hi goyz. Long time no talk! My town is a festival loving town and its festival season now so it's always a big deal when one comes around. To start this post off, here's a couple of vintage, kewl stuff me and a friend saw.



A Seapony song that fits the vibes


And here's a couple of inspo stuff  <3
Very happy to be journaling more regularly now


Last Saturday morning, the morning of
homecoming, keeping cool and hydrated but mostly cool 

I'll always have a love for infinite sparkle

natalieff:

Saturn girl


Anthony Cudahy



One of my best friends threatened me with disownment after confessing I had never seen Grease, so I watched it and it's easily a favorite...because of young John Travolta because everyone looked cool and I felt like dancing the entire way through! It was so great that for Halloween a group of us have are going to be the pink ladies holla

"She looks too pure to be pink."


With school and the snooze-worthy classes I'm forced to take, I really make an effort to consistently stay connected with the fashion world. Throughout my quest I've just been so overwhelmed by how amazing it all is. There are moments in fashion that just grab hold of you and yell right in your face "THIS IS GOING TO BE LEGENDARY. THIS WILL CHANGE HOW YOU VIEW FASHION." And sometimes that voice will likewise say "WAKE UP BITCH BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT TO MISS THIS!" Either way, sentimental or not, it's hard to articulate that feeling that goes beyond admiration and total awe and maybe that's because fashion is impulsive. Maybe the designer just gets a feeling that they grab hold of and run with and maybe that's what makes fashion so exhilarating


"Bianco & Nero Glamour", Marie Claire Italia, October 1991
Photographer: William Garrett
Model: Gisele Zelauy

insanity-and-vanity:

Details at Armani Privé Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2012
Armani Prive Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2012

A LEGEND IN THE MAKING: THE WINNER OF  PROJECT FUCKING RUNWAY S13: THE ANGEL THAT IS SEAN KELLY WHO NOT ONLY HAS IMPECCABLE PERSON STYLE BUT HAS ALSO BLESSED US WITH HIS ART. He's only 23 years old people!!!! and yet I feel like he's already the creator of  a world reknown fashion house because of SHIT LIKE THIS:


Inspired by the city of Rome, Sean's nyfw ss15 collection reflected the story and eventual murder of Casear in Ancient Rome. What I love so much about his approach is he conveyed darkness in a way that isn't conventially dark. It'd be very easy to take a gaudy, literal meaning of this story and apply it to fashion, but he sticks to his clean style of design, henceforth, adding multiple layers of design brilliance. 



Before this collection, I felt pretty neutral about fringe; I didn't hate it and it wasn't something I absolutely obsessed over either. But this man has changed me!!! The movement in these pieces is so fluid and effortless. The fabric is rich and has such a smooth, glossy appearance to it that makes it feel like you could melt in these garments, despite the heaviness of the fringe.


All these pieces basically make me want to cry...


...but I'm already crying over the queen 

<3





xx
Kaylee



sources: the style bistro//tumblr//google images

No comments:

Post a Comment