Monday, November 3, 2014

silver dreams


Happy November yall! This past weekend was oddly cold for the state I live in which is alright as it made for perfect fall festival weather!  At this particular festival I have two objectives: finding fries and this neat Native American booth that comes every year. The great grandmothers on both sides of my family were both of Native American descent and I've always wondered what it'd be like to meet them, what it'd be like to hear the stories they could share. This booth is magical--you know where it is by the pan flute music guiding your senses. Their collection of jewelry, time pieces, music, stones, you name it is absolutely authentic and genuine and I always feel such a comfort visiting. The people who run it are so sweet, and I wish I remembered their booth name so I could link you guys, but nevertheless here's some stuff I got and the outfit I wore:

If the choker was brought back, I'm for sure bringing back mood rings ;)

Kimono/Muscle Shirt: Forever 21
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Pants: Thrifted





To follow or to catch my dreams?

For some ODD reason I get the strangest looks wearing this in the South!???


A Local Natives song that reminds me of November <3

Another Local Natives song because I accidentally clicked on this video instead of exiting out but it turned out to be the best slip in fate.

"Three Months" by Local Natives sounds like big change, heavy change. The kind that clings against your heart and makes your gut feel pregnant with mixed, spiking emotions...

"You always hated every gorgeous coffee curl
You could never see that,
That to him they meant the world

I am letting you know
I am ready to feel you(x2)

I keep on calling just to get the machine
I've got to go on now;
Having thought this wasn't your last year

I am letting you know
I am ready to feel you(x2)"

Local Natives rarely ever performs this song--Fans actually consider it a special treat when the band plays it live.

As listeners, the lyrics clearly show us why.
As people...we understand.

<3


xx
Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAS to that Land T-shirt! Shine on dem hos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's the best statement piece to wear as no fucks are ever given *insert me pageant waving and a Naomi Campbell hair flip*

      Delete