Monday, February 23, 2015

press pause


Typically when I'm listening to a song or watching a music video on Youtube, I swipe through the comments to do a quick scroll, and sometimes there's some sweet gems amidst the trolling comments of "this is real music!!1", "fuckin hipsters", and the like. I have to give a lot of credit to this magical music channel Majestic Casual for delivering some top notch, world-slowing tunes that do attract people who say things like "eargasm" BUT also those who have the deepest, most eloquent things to say that probably match exactly what you were thinking and feeling while listening. Some of these are old and some of these are new, but they're all comments that make me stop and think about the person who wrote it. What their day must've been like or how they feel just as fanatic over my favorite bands as I do <3



Okay, this jam is special. I've been enchanted by "Snare" by these cool aussie twins for quite some time now and have been bumpin this song every day because it NEVER GETS OLDDD. It's completely envigorating, and it's the type of song I'd play before I'd enter the hunger games or some shit



"finally something to make me feel again"-youtube user sokewt






"this song is oddly perfect.
It's kinda like setting off on a journey at 4am and missing everything you love as soon as you step out of the door.

Everything goes, but you realize some other strange truth.

Sorry." -youtube user RobbieMissile













xx
Kaylee

8 comments:

  1. love love love majestic casual, their tunes are so chill. this is a rad collection of songs, ha "Dream factory" is so true x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made it my mission to find whoever started majestic casual and marry them. If that doesn't work, I'll preferably worship them forever x

      Delete
  2. this was such a cool post i actually have chills. all of these songs are so dreamy its like I'm falling in love, plus you included beach fossils who are one of my faves rn so thank you x10 <3

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow thank you! And GIRL. YES. That's the exact vibe I get from these songs it's like they're little audio/virtual pockets of momentary heaven. Also, I'm the SAME way with Beach Fossils right now <3333 they're very special to me (i'm actually wearing a beach fossils tee as I'm typing this lol) and I'm oBsEsSeD with one of their new, unreleased songs (skip to 42:00)

      http://youtu.be/DuMs3eMyjDQ

      Delete
    2. ohMYGOD!! that was so beautiful, ill be replaying it 24/7 now. thank you for linking me!

      Delete
  3. ahh so many good vibes here!! beach fossils are so goood... they make me feel so clear in a messy way (hope you understand what I mean lol). the way of connecting with comments is too good. the burgerking one was beautiful.

    you have such a good blog xx

    // Ania, nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! xx and how you describe beach fossils makes perfect sense, I actually love the way you put it

      Delete