Friday, April 3, 2015

is that tumbleweed?


Hi, my name is Kaylee, and this here is the style unknown if you have forgotten. It feels like it's been 1000 years since I've blogged here which is really upsetting! The blogging community is chock full of nothing but good vibes and great energy, so it's always nice to come back to. I've been caught up with school and, get this, work????? Ya girl's got a J O B. At the end of March I landed an opportunity to be a freelance writer for my local newspaper which I COULD NOT be more excited about! I've been so busy and productive which is a wonderful feeling, but blogging and documenting and laying out what inspires me digitally is pretty wondrous too. I've compiled a mini photo diary of sorts of random events that have happened from the time I last posted to now to gradually get myself back into the groove of things. Here's to more frequent blogging in the near future <3

March 21: 1915 Gas station in 2015

Everyday this past week: I've been thinking a lot about this picture of Jupiter I took in January a lot lately. Constant reminder of how wondrous, scary, yet humbling this world is. 

March 25: I honestly don't remember much about this day other than the fact that I was in love with the shirt I was wearing

March 30: I found the koolest app called Polamatic that everyone who's too lazy to finally get a polaroid camera should get! It transforms your normal pictures into polaroid format, and then you can choose the polaroid filter you so desire. This was at a festival while we were putting bullets through paper for stuffed animals.


             
It also makes your selfies so much cooler??

March 31: Up close and personal with plants

 
March 29/March 30: Road trip! Went all the way up to the literal boondocks to make a college visit. Along the way, all you could see were trees, endless highways, churches, cows, confederate flags, and this country four way stop light that was just so strange to me with its antiquity. 

March 29: "Cookie Doughntya Want Some" aka cup of serious perfection


This picture is definitely not recent lol, but Polamatic makes good memories seem like just that--nostalgic, fluid, and right.

March 16: This was such a happy day--I started back doing my morning runs again while listening to the latest interpol album (Such a powerful feeling, totally recommend it), it was the first sunny day in weeks of rain, I got a brochure in the mail from LIM College in NYC about a summer fashion lab, exchanged music recommendations with some cool new people, and started skating again for the first time since my infamous penis incident.


The aforementioned penis incident in case anyone forgot :)))

March 19: Super bright sunny mornings and mango smoothies are an equation for the most perfect, start to a Saturday. The wood detailing with the stark brightness made me feel like I was in the early 2000s.



April 2: The first half of this day wasn't the best, but later on at school my class went adventuring in this path behind our school. Me and two friends ventured off on a beaten path that was pleasantly naturey. To solidify my good mood, I came home to the pretty fucking gnarly realization that I have officially become published. 


April 1: I remember specifically playing this song on the morning of my 14th birthday. I wanted THIS to be the first song I heard on my personal new year. I loved it for how fun and exciting it was, yet how it still maintained a rebellious rumble. Idk what made me look for this song after all this time, but I did and it immediately made me think of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" for it's inherent vibes of freedom. I'll remember to play this song first on my birthday next month <3

xx
Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your writing, man! Your pictures are super nice and a massive congratulations on getting published Kaylee!! It's so cool that you work with your local newspaper, wishing you the best of luck with that rad adventure, man! x

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victory my friend you are the sweetest person ever in the history of the GaLaXy! Thanks for your well wishes!!

      Delete