Monday, August 24, 2015

cute mini interview


The new Tag You're It! interview thing has been hittin up the blogging world lately, and I have been tagged! Shoutout to the bad ass chick running Bad Sass, Madison, for tagging me! Her blog is like stepping into a dream, so go on over to her blog and drool over her amazing photosets and enjoy every bit of her witty writing! Alright, while I'm counting down from 100, here goes the Q&A.

How did you get into blogging?
The idea for creating this blog is 100% indebted to Tavi. I was 14/15 when I first stumbled across The Style Rookie and later Rookie, and I was at a point in my life where I felt really stuck. I yearned for some type of clarity in my life, and what Tavi was doing over on her blog really gave me that spark! From her I became introduced to people like Petra Collins, Olivia Bee, countless female feminist role models, and I fell in love with the supportive, glowingly positive blogging community. I saw all of these girls TEARING. IT. UP.  with their intelligent writing, music, fashion, and art, so it was hard to resist getting a blog at that point for the sole purpose of being creative, being real, and support others doing the same! 

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
If you're a blogger just starting out, I'm going to borrow from Amelia Cutler's (of Skinny Girl Diet) advice in the 35th issue of i-D: stalking is a crime, walk your own path. Regarding my professional goals, these are the words I now live by. Take as much inspiration as you can from others, but what you do and create is uniquely your's; embrace the hell out of whatever it may be and others will naturally follow suit.

What would be your dream campaign?
THERE ARE SO MANY *starts sweating*
Okay to answer this question I'm kinda going to go around it so I can avoid picking one lmao I'd first have to @god for him to have me be born in the 70s-80s so that I could have worked with Thierry Mugler for his ss 1997 haute coutoure collection. Of course I would've also liked to been able to keep a few of the masterpieces.
typical, casual daily wear

Do you have a plan for your blog?
I don't have any concrete plans for this blog! I think starting out I thought it'd be cool to have this blog get like really big and basically follow in the footsteps of Tavi. But a lot has changed since then and I've grown a lot. I still love Rookie but a part of me feels like I've phased out of it a little bit? I don't see blogging being "my thing" in the future if that makes sense, but my plan for the present is to continue loving it for the people it's connected me with and for it being this space where I can talk about any topic and not feel censored or structured.

What do you think about rankings?
Ya know, I'm not quite sure what this question even means lol If it means rankings like how high or low a blog is ranked based on numbers, I say ew fuck ratings. Ya girl has stalked a bunch of blogs, and I've yet to come across one that wasn't extremely cool and lovable, regardless of the following it had. I think everyone in the blogging community is truly doing some incredibly great stuff and delivering super thoughtful, yet natural content and I love it all <3

98..99...100! Ready or not, here I come! I'm tagging:
Autumn / baby auts
Victory / vogue escapade
Vivian / 5th echelon
and anyone else who wants to do it!


xx
Kaylee

8 comments:

  1. ahh! im so glad you did this <3 you're too sweet, thank you!!! and girl, YOU ARE TEARING IT UP.

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too great Madison, thank you!! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awesome! So excited to see your answers!! x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me, Kaylee & thank you to Tavi, for without her presence on the internet, we ~may~ not have been graced with your presence on the internet, so thanks @queentavi!! x

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you victory x<33 forever thankful 4 queen tavi!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading the interview and It's always nice seeing that every blogger outside has their own story!
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    thanks for nominating me, I just answered it!
    I found really interesting your answers <3

    ReplyDelete