Tuesday, August 4, 2015

savannahhh



Displaying IMG_0050.JPG


The trip there:
I woke up at 4:30am and drove with my parents for 8 hours. We'd be in an alternate universe if I told you that it wasn't all worth it.


All of the trees in Georgia are perfectly aligned in rows and columns. I was constantly overtaken with the desire to jump out the car and sprint through the aisles towards infinity.

The view from my floor at Turner House

About a week before my trip, my mom and I found an old, unused disposable camera that expired in 2007. I knew it would be really neat to see how the pictures would come out, and I wasn't disappointed by the mid 80s/Seinfeld vibes they turned out to have.

Displaying IMG_9931.JPG  

Displaying IMG_9832.JPG
My baddies, on our first full day in the courtyard where we were welcomed the evening before with "Latch" reverberating off the palm trees and frozen hot chocolate.

By far the most special part of my trip was meeting so many people from all over the country and other countries as well.  Everyone was so open and chill, the perfect combination to complement the widespread SCAD stoner culture! Right next to our dorm was "The Stoner's Pizza Joint", and I had the best conversation about ghosts in my writing class with a grad student who also shared stories about his experiences on acid. 

When you venture towards Broughton street, among other retail nirvanas like UO, Free People, Goodwill, etc. etc., Marc Jacobs is one of the first stores you see on the second corner. We were so hesitant to enter out of the idea that we would ruin everything in the store, but one of the guys who worked there was outside and encouraged us to come in! We settled upon this cute teddy bear that we thought was weird to be in a Marc Jacobs store; upon closer inspection, the price tag was $20 lmao we left and got coconut water


Hitched

I was trying so hard to capture a shot of the full Trustees Theater sign, but everyone was moving so fast to get inside. Alas, I instead caught this accidental picture of my wifey Claire


Turner House

The Thunderbird Inn

Closing exhibition, where we looked at stunning art work and felt like adults



I was DYING when we walked by this McDonalds because its the first legitimate WALK THROUGH drive-thru I've ever seen in person?!?! So convenient for the one who wants to eat whatever the hell they want and feel good about it, too.



90s rave *cue "Poison" by Bel biv devoe and the Kid n' Play dance*




This week was the first time I ever worked in a dark room which was a little intimidating at first, but the process was much easier than I expected. 


Makin a B line 



Bringing back up the aforementioned stoner, I knew Savannah had a ghostly subculture, but it wasn't anything I really paid attention to until I came home and did (well, my mom did) laundry. I pulled these shorts that I wore in Savannah out of the dryer and found this etched into the pocket. "Carol" was never there before; I even googled this short to see if this was purposefully part of the design, but I came up with nothing.*cries bc scared cries bc lowkey honored a ghost would follow ya girl*




Mac perfectly dropped this new track during my stay in Savannah. Perfectly, because it captures every sense of my unforgettable 7 days <3 Hope you guys are enjoying the last few days of what I hope to be a lovely summer x

xx
Kaylee

18 comments:

  1. I'm totally obsessed with the theater shot, not only do I love the pink but I love the vibe it gives off! I'm so happy for you experiencing a chill and creative week in a new state. it sounds like a dream!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had rad time and your photographs are beautiful kaylee <3 <3 mac <3<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much suzie xx and ahh, I know! Mac <33

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    It looks a great experience! I have the feeling that in USA, if you visit another state, is like visit another country. I am wrong?
    The pictures are so cool, you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cilia! x and you're so right! Most of the states I've visited have such different environments (eg. lifestyle, scenery, weather, people) from each including the one I live in

      Delete
  4. These photos are RIDICULOUSLY amazing, and you look like you had a killer time!! I'm super jealous!!!!

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Sonja!! Ahh I can't re-emphasize enough how gr8 it is to have your prolific and amazingly positive vibes back <33

      Delete
  5. Your photos are always so incredibly dreamy, I just want to jump inside them! They are so beautiful! It looks like you had so much fun and that makes me happy:-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much girl!! you are the sweetest, YOU make me happy xx

      Delete
  6. Ohh my, I'm so glad that I've just discovered your blog, it's literally so cute and lovely!! Just subscribed :))
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspopt.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you!!! i just stalked your blog a bit and let me tell you it is so incredibly amazing xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had an amazing time there, I love your photos. Your blog is awesome!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stumbled across your blog and it's so lovely x

    emralph.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. these photos are killer! and mac?? is everything???

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh girl yes he is!!¡!¡ every time someone mentions him I'm just like !!!!?!?! lol and thank you so much x

      Delete